Below is a list of frequently asked questions. If you do not find the answer to your question here, please feel free to contact us.
- What time is check-in and check-out?
- Check in time is any time after 3:00pm and check out time is by 11:00am.
- What is needed at check in and accepted forms of payment
- A valid pictured ID is required along with a form of payment; a credit card will be required for incidentals. The UMass Hotel accepts major Credit Cards, Cash and Travelers Checks. No personal checks will be accepted unless deposited seven days prior to arrival.
- What is included in the complimentary continental breakfast?
- Complimentary breakfast is offered from 7am to 10am and it includes a variety of fresh baked pastries, muffins, bagels, yogurt, cereal, granola, coffee, juice, tea and an assortment of fresh fruit.
- Does the UMass Hotel have quiet hours?
- Yes, the UMass Hotel has a guest courtesy policy which state that quiet hours begin at 10:00pm.
- Is wireless internet available?
- We offer complimentary wireless internet for our guest rooms, lobby and the entire campus.
- Can I add a cot or fridge to the room?
- The cots and refrigerators are offered upon request and are each $10 per night.
- Are cribs available?
- We offer complimentary cribs upon request.
- Is the UMass Hotel non-smoking?
- Yes. All rooms are non-smoking
- Is the UMass Hotel pet friendly?
- Unfortunately, we do not allow pets in the hotel. Please inquire with our front desk staff for information on local kennels, or kindly leave pets at home. Exceptions are made for seeing eye and hearing dogs
- Is the UMass Hotel affiliated with any hotel chains?
- No. We are run by the University of Massachusetts. The UMass Hotel is a teaching hotel and the majority of our employees are UMass students in the Hospitality and Tourism Management major.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Certain reservation types and blackout dates have a separate cancellation policy which is stated on the confirmation letter.
- Where can I park when I arrive on campus?
- Enter the Campus Center Parking Garage. Get a ticket on the way in and park on the 2nd Level of the garage. Then walk into the concourse via the hallway and take the elevators to the 3rd level (Hotel Lobby).
- Is there a fee for parking in the Campus Center Parking Garage?
- Parking is included in your room rate. Upon check-in you will receive a pass for one car that allows you to park up until 5 pm on the day of your departure. If you misplace the parking pass there is a $5 per day fee to replace it. For each additional car, it will be an extra $5 per day.
- Is there a gym or pool at the UMass Hotel?
- Guests have complimentary access to the Body Shop in Totman Gym during the academic year. Guests may also use the Recreation Center and the campus pools for additional fee
- Are there food options in the Hotel?
- There are various food courts open within the Campus Center Complex offering a wide variety of options to pick from.
- Is there a restaurant on campus?
- Yes, The University Club is the campus’ fine dining restaurant; reservations are requested and can be made by calling (413) 545-2551.
- What are the off-campus food options?
- There are numerous restaurants in the center of Amherst and downtown Northampton. The UMass Hotel offers a wide range of menus from local restaurants at the front desk that will deliver food to your room.
- Is there meeting and banquet space available?
- Yes there is, the UMass Conference Services will be able to assist and host your event regardless of size.